Renewable Diesel & Biodiesel Account for 57% of California’s Diesel Market

Renewable Diesel & Biodiesel Account for 57% of California’s Diesel Market

Membership required to view content.

Renewable diesel and biodiesel consumption in California displaced over 50 percent of petroleum diesel within the diesel pool for the first time during the first quarter of 2023. Renewable diesel accounted for 49 percent of the diesel fuel consumed and biodiesel was 8 percent of demand. Combined, the two renewable fuels had 57.5 percent of the diesel transportation fuel pool market share, with petroleum diesel picking up the remaining 42.5 percent.

Membership is required to view the rest of this post.
Click here to learn more and sign up for a free 7-day trial!

Blog

06.24.2024

Stable biodiesel production leaves supply, prices unchanged in crude glycerin market

Stable biodiesel production leaves supply, prices unchanged in crude glycerin market

Glycerin prices held steady on Monday June 24, with producers and traders reporting little change to begin the week.

Crude glycerin traders were quoting the market in the...

06.24.2024

Cattle slaughter continues to lag 2022, 2023 levels

Cattle slaughter continues to lag 2022, 2023 levels

Six cars of technical tallow traded at 54 cents per lb Chicago on Monday June 24, and separately two cars of edible tallow traded up to 56 cents per...

06.24.2024

Hog slaughter slightly higher into July; May cattle placed on feed higher

Hog slaughter slightly higher into July; May cattle placed on feed higher

The US domestic protein market was quiet on Monday June 24, with no price changes reported.

US hog slaughter
Fastmarkets’ research team forecasts hog slaughter at 2.38 million...

Latest Tweets