2024 Biomass-Based Diesel Imports Second Highest on Record

2024 Biomass-Based Diesel Imports Second Highest on Record


United States biomass-based diesel imports continued to surge during the fourth quarter, well above last year’s pace and within 25 million gallons of 2016’s record setting year. Approximately 231 million gallons were imported during the fourth quarter, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) records. This was the largest level of fourth-quarter imports dating back to the 303 million imported during 2016. Fourth-quarter imports were six percent above third quarter imports and 30 percent over the fourth quarter of 2022 imports.

Full-year imports reached 863 million gallons, 23 million gallons below the record setting pace set in 2016, but 68 percent above the 513 million gallons imported in 2022. Biodiesel imports accounted for 58 percent of all biomass-based diesel imports. Renewable diesel made up the remaining 42 percent.

Membership is required to view the rest of this post.
Click here to learn more and sign up for a free 7-day trial!

Blog

05.16.2024

Animal fat prices steady on limited volume traded

Animal fat prices steady on limited volume traded

Fastmarkets price assessment for edible tallow, fob Chicago was $52.00 cents per lb on 14 railcars, steady from $52.00 cent per lb on Wednesday May 15.

On Thursday,...

05.16.2024

Grain consuming animal units forecast lower for 2023/24, 2024/’25

Grain consuming animal units forecast lower for 2023/24, 2024/’25

Animal protein prices were steady on Thursday May 16.

Market sources reported an uptick in interest, but the upcoming Memorial Day holiday, lower prices for distiller dried grains...

05.16.2024

International animal fats and oils, May 16 2024

International animal fats and oils, May 16 2024

Market sources also reported that UCO traded at €1,065 per tonne on a DDP France basis, while deals for imported UCO were heard at $975 per tonne CIF Rotterdam,...

Latest Tweets